In what will be open to diverse interpretation from many Nigerians, southwest governors and Miyetti Allah have agreed that some changes must be effected in the act of grazing of cattle in the region.
They arrived at some of these changes following a meeting in Akure, capital of Ondo state after the quit notice issued to unregistered herders in the state’s forest reserves elapsed.
The two parties at the meeting agreed that extensive changes must be made to avoid the incessant crises associated with the movement of cattle, given that some criminals elements are hiding under it to commit crime.
Here are 13 top resolutions made at the meeting.
1. Insecurity is not peculiar to any tribe or region
2. Akeredolu’s order was misconstrued and misrepresented by a section of the media.
3. The governor only ordered those occupying the Forest Reserves in Ondo State illegally to quit.
4. There is should be partnership to fight against criminality.
5. The governor had not sent anyone away from the state.
6. There must be an end to night grazing.
7. There must be an end to underage herding
8. It is wrong to occupy state forest reserves illegally.
9. Criminals and kidnappers also target MACBAN members
10. MACBAN supports states peaceful move on security.
11. Free-range grazing is no longer tenable. It must be stopped.
12. MACBAN should embrace and be committed to modern breeding process.
13. There should be a standing Committee comprising of farmers, MACBAN and the government should in each state.
Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425
Email Us: email@example.com
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.