37 years old man dies from electrocution in Delta


A 37-year old man has been electrocuted to death after he tried switching from a generating set to electricity power while watching TV in Sapele, Delta State.

The incident was said to have happened on Sunday afternoon, at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road in the timber town. According to an eye witness William Madu (the deceased) who works with a water processing company was watching a sitcom in his house when the incident happened “William was watching TV when BEDC brought to light and because the generator was outside.
  He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him”.
The source who craved anonymity told Vanguard that William gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital ” as I speak to you his body is present in the mortuary.
Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world
William was the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father. When Vanguard visited the residence of the Madus, neighbors were seen struggling to revive the deceased father who was said to have fell unconscious on hearing the news of his son’s death.
Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world

Thanks for Reading via the most updated news portal

About Leakblast.com

Share your story with us

Advertise With us

Encourage & Support LeakBlast

Feel free to contact us

Call Us:+234(0)9073726403
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425      
Email Us: editors@leakblast.com


Good  journalism costs a lot of money.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.

By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Support LeakBlast


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here