Ajimobi Had Unfinished Businesses To Complete, Says Aide


Bolaji Tunji, the media aide to the late Deputy National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abiola Ajimobi said his principal had unfinished businesses to complete.

Tunji, in his tribute message on Facebook, said Ajimobi planned to retire from politics after the expiration of his tenure as governor of Oyo State.

According to him, the ex-governor was persuaded to accept the new appointment as the APC chieftain. “He never wanted anything else after the general election. He only wanted to take a long, due rest after serving for 8 years without break. But another position was thrust on him. He never solicited for us and he did not want. But they convinced him to accept.

“I know because, in his usual forthrightness, he narrated how it happened. He took the positions because he felt it would benefit his people. I have done my bit.

RELATED NEWS:Ajimobi will be given private burial –Aide

“There is nothing I set out to achieve that I did not, I cannot be governor again, but I cannot leave you, people, he would say,” Tunji wrote on Friday.

Narrating how Ajimobi fell ill, Tunji said he was called to Abuja to discuss party issues amid the APC crisis, stressing that his principal had signed all the letters of appointment for the peace and reconciliation committee of the APC before leaving Oyo for Abuja.

He said the late ex-governor took a private flight to Abuja and never returned the same.

The media aide said it remained a mystery how the deceased contracted COVID-19.

READ ALSO: Ajimobi’s Funeral To Hold Tomorrow In Ibadan – Family

Tunji said he always adhered to all protocols like wearing masks and washing of hands.

“I still can’t wrap my head around what happened. He was so healthy, he was neat, he took all the necessary precautions even while he sat with us in our open office, he was always with his face mask, and we always observed social distancing.

Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world

“We were always quick to give him hands sanitizer any time he touched something.  We were conscious of his age and did all we could to ensure safety. We had three spots where you had to wash hands before entering the premises. How did it happen? None of us was sick. So where did this come from? I am still trying to find answers,” he said.

Tunji’s reaction comes a day after his principal died of COVID-19 complications at the age of 70.

Thanks for Reading via the most updated news portal

About Leakblast.com

Share your story with us

Advertise With us

Encourage & Support LeakBlast

Feel free to contact us

Call Us:+234(0)9073726403
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425      
Email Us: editors@leakblast.com



Good  journalism costs a lot of money.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.

By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Support LeakBlast


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here