On April 18th, a meeting of the stakeholders and leaders from Enugu East zone convened by the Enugu State Speaker, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi held at the Odezuluigbo palace, Nike.
Following the meeting, a communique was released today and signed by Senator Ken Nnamani, GCON, Senator Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani, Rt. Hon. Ofor Chukwuegbo, Hon. Nnolim Nnaji, Hon. Cornelius Nnaji, Hon. Chief Augustine, Dr. Ben Nwoye, state chairman,All Progressive Congress (APC) Nnamani and the Speaker Enugu State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi.
- That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District passed a resounding Vote of Confidence on the Government of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. The meeting noted the Governor’s giant developmental strides, sustained peaceful climate and relentless efforts to maintain the safety of lives and property of all residents of Enugu State. We therefore reiterate our unalloyed and unmitigated support to the selfless leadership of Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
- The meeting noted that the premise on which the struggle for Enugu State was canvassed and achieved was to attain equity, sense of belongingness and social justice. For this reason, the meeting reiterated the Enugu East Senatorial zone’s commitment to the doctrine of rotation among the three senatorial zones which started with Enugu East Senatorial zone in 1999. Therefore, the sequence of rotation should be maintained given the associated benefits of peaceful transition, political inclusiveness, and brotherly relationship existing in the State. In the light of this, the political elites of Enugu State should cooperate with His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on his expressed commitment to the doctrine of rotation.
3. That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District hereby unequivocally and unmistakably declare that the Governorship position of all the political parties in the State should be zoned to Enugu East Senatorial District in the 2023 general elections.
4. That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District therefore resolved to assiduously work with the spirit of unison, inimitable commitment and concerted efforts until the mission is accomplished.
5. The Meeting noted the cooperation extended to the Speaker of the Enugu State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi by His Excellencies, Sen. Ken Nnamani and Chimaroke Nnamani and thanked the speaker for his initiative and courage in convening the meeting.
Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425
Email Us: email@example.com.
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.