Coronavirus might force Premier League’s ‘Project Restart’ to be delayed
Bournemouth unidentified star is the latest to contract the virus after the club carried out second round of testing
Watford confirmed three of their staff tested positive for the deadly virus last week and would be isolated for seven days
One Bournemouth player tested positive for deadly coronavirus after the club carried out the second round of testing ahead of Premier League return.
Although, they did not disclose the identity of the said player, they have however assured that he will be isolated for seven days before undergoing another test.
SunSport reports that Eddie Howe had all his players on ground for training for the first time this week as preparation for ‘Project Restart’ continues.
The publication reveals that no played tested positive for the infection when the first routine test was done, but the latest results showed one had contracted COVID-19.
BREAKING: Premier League club Bournemouth confirms one of its players has tested positive for COVID-19 pic.twitter.com/n1LX7d1l5C
— B/R Football (@brfootball) May 24, 2020
The club said in a statement saying: “Following strict adherence of the Premier League’s return to training regulations, the club’s training ground remains a safe working environment for players and backroom staff. “They will continue to be tested for Covid-19 twice per week.”
Reports claim that the player who tested positive did not show any form of symptoms and remains fine regardless.
This is also coming about 24 hours after Watford suffered a major setback after two of their stars’ close friends or family members have tested positive for coronavirus.
Club manager Nigel Pearson made this known and added that the unnamed players will stay away from the rest of the squad until they are certified to return.
Those two unidentified club members are in addition to Adrian Mariappa – who was the one player out of three club staff to test positive.
Watch Leakblast TV channel from around the world
— KOBBY KYEI SPORTS NEWS (@KobbyKyeiSports) May 24, 2020
Troy Deeney, as well as two other stars, are yet to report to training due to health worries, meanwhile, Hornets ace Tom Cleverley warns EPL return will be in “jeopardy” if more players test positive for Covid-19 in the next phase.
Thanks for Reading via the most updated news portal
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.