Cristiano Ronaldo will be off-duty on Sunday after Juventus’ Serie A encounter against Inter Milan was postponed by the League’s FA on Saturday due to the increasing spread of coronavirus in Italy.
Ronaldo joined Juventus in a 100M Pounds deal from Real Madrid in 2018 and went on to reach a milestone of 1000 competitive games for country and club when his side faced SPAL on February 22 before losing to Lyon in the UEFA Champions League.
Five Serie A games were scheduled to hold behind closed doors on matchday 26 but the FA made a U-turn on their decision 24 hours after Serie C’s Pianese FC player King Udoh got infected by the virus.
The decision had been taken in response to the “exceptional circumstances concerning protection of public health and security”, the league said.
Emerging reports say two teammates of Udoh and a club official who are currently in quarantine have equally been infected.
The games will be played on May 13 and the Italian Cup final, scheduled to take place on that day, will be put back to May 20, the league said.
If you are happy to be contacted by a Leakblast journalist please leave a telephone number that we can contact you on. In some cases a selection of your comments will be published, displaying your name as you provide it and location, unless you state otherwise. Your contact details will never be published. When sending us pictures, video or eyewitness accounts (CLICK HERE) ,at no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.