The six survivors so far rescued from the rubbles in the Ikoyi building collapse have been identified.
They are Ahmed Keleku (19, from Cotonou); Solagbade Nurudeen (33, pelvic injury), Sunday Monday (21, suffered left leg fracture), Oduntan Timilehin (26), Adeniran Mayowa (37, hip injury) and Waliu Lateef (32).
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who addressed reporters at the site, said bereaved families would be invited to identify their loved ones latest Thursday after autopsy have been conducted on the bodies recovered.
The Governor also said he would be signing an executive order to give legal backing to the Panel of Inquiry set up to investigate the immediate and remote causes of the accident.
Members of the panel are Tayo Ayinde (Chairman); Ekundayo Onajobi (Secretary); Idris Akintilo; Yinka Ogundairo; Godfrey. O. Godfrey and Mrs. Bunmi Ibrahim.
The Governor assured the people that the law would take its full course on whoever is found culpable in the accident.
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.