The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar is believed to be considering the Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate ahead of 2023 general elections.
Leakblast.com had earlier reported that a committee led by former National Security Adviser, Aliyu Gusau had submitted the name of a suitable running mate to the party.
It is believed that the committee has recommended Okowa as well as two others, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike and Akwa Ibom State governor, Udom Emmanuel for consideration.
A source that spoke with Daily Trust on the pressing issue, however, stated that Atiku is more comfortable with Okowa given the role he played during the party’s presidential primary.
Leakblast.com has deemed it fit to share some things about the speculated vice presidential candidate of the PDP.
1. Okowa was born on the 8th of July 1959 (age 62) in Owa-Alero, Delta State.
2. The Delta State Governor attended Edo College, Benin City (1970–1976)
3. He studied Medicine and Surgery at the University of Ibadan and graduated in 1981 with an MBBS degree.
4. Okowa won the Delta North Senatorial election in 2011 under the PDP.
5. He won the Delta State Gubernatorial elections in April 2015 and was inaugurated as Governor on 29 May 2015.
6. The Delta State Governor on March 9th, 2019 was re-elected as governor.
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.