WHILE the former IGP, Mohamed Adamu was in an official visit in Imo state, President Muhammadu Buhari announced his replacement as DIG Usman Alkali Baba as acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP).
According to the Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, the appointment takes immediate effect.
The Yobe born Police chief has held several strategic positions in the past.
Here are few things to know about the acting IGP:
1. Usman Alkali was born on 1st March, 1963.
2. He hails from Geidam in Yobe State and has had meritorious years in the force.
3. He has also served in various capacities such as DIG Force CID and was also the Force Secretary at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
4. He has served in various commands including Kaduna as the Deputy Commissioner, Administration; He was in FCT as the Deputy Commissioner, Investigation and was also in the staff college as a directing staff.
5. He was in Ilorin as an Area Commander. He was the second-in-command in Ebonyi, He was also an Assistant Commissioner, CID in Kaduna and before then was DPO (Divisional Police Officer) in various places like Yola, Gombe, Kaduna, and Jos.
READ ALSO: Crush IPOB, ESN members- IGP
6. He holds a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) Degree from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State 1997 and a BA (ED) Political Science from Bayero University, Kano State as well as Professional Courses/Workshop Institution.
7. Alkali was a member of Course 22/2014 2014, National Defence College (NDC)
8. He is a member of the International Association of Police and also a fellow of the International War College.
Watch Leakblast TVchannel from around the world
Get us on Whatsapp: +234(0)8181166425
Email Us: email@example.com
SUPPORT LEAKBLAST JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavor.
By contributing to LeakBlast, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.